Download the Cyber Security Guide for NZ Law Firms below:
Lawyers and Law Firms store large quantities of sensitive information and also process significant financial transactions, on behalf of their clients.
To deliver legal services to clients, new technologies are being adopted including generic cloud services and specific legal tech.
New technologies carry new risks and Law Firms are an attractive target to cyber criminals, regardless of their size. Cyber risks include privacy breaches, data loss and financial loss which leads to general disruption and damage to a firms reputation.
How We Can Help
We assist legal professionals manage their cyber security risk, with a particular focus on data privacy and security. Examples of our services include:
- Cyber-Risk Practice Guide – Institute of Directors in New Zealand
- NCSC – Charting Your Course: Cyber Security Governance
- New Zealand Cyber Security Strategy
Cyber Security Risk Management
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) – Cybersecurity Framework
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) – Privacy Framework
- Centre for Internet Security – Cyber Controls
Free Cyber Security Employee Training Tools
- ConnectSmart NZ – How Cyber Smart are you
- eLearning Site of The Office of the Privacy Commissioner
- Domain Name Commission – Detecting Fake Websites
- Google Phishing Quiz
New Zealand Government – Reporting
- NZ Police – How to report a crime or incident
- Office of the Privacy Commissioner
- CERT NZ – Computer Emergency Response Team
Cyber Bulletins and Alerts